Virginia Dog Training begins with your decision to get a dog!
You've decided to get a dog, Congratulations!!! Maybe this is your first dog, or your first dog in a while. There are so many decisions to be made. Contact Virginia dog training expert Susan Travellin at Woodside Farms for assistance in finding the right dog for your lifestyle. By choosing the right dog and understanding the importance of numerous other decisions you will be making shortly, you will save yourself some aggravation as this wonderful new chapter unfolds.
Virginia Dog Training begins with you: 10 Questions you should be asking yourself to choose the right dog for your lifestyle.
- Do you have career or recreation ambitions for fido? Do you want him/her to be a therapy dog, show dog, or maybe even an actor?
- Does your dog need to be good in crowds? Both indoor and outdoor?
- Where will you get the dog: breeder, shelter or breed rescue program?
- What age of dog are you looking for: from puppy to wise old dog and everything in between?
- Are pet allergies a concern?
- Will you want to spend time grooming or taking your furry friend to the groomers?
- Are you away from the home a lot: will the dog travel with you, be boarded or need a pet sitter?
- Do you have children: small curious ones, just a baby, elementary aged rough-housers, teens?
- Will your family size be changing in the next few years: new baby, new spouse, older relative coming to live with, children going off to college, etc., how will fido need to adapt to these changes?
- Do you have other pets: dogs, cats, rabbits, that fido will need to blend in with?
Besides the love and joy that your furry little friend will bring, there will be challenges and training issues to be met with. Some are more easily prepared for than others. Susan T. has over 25-years worth of dog training experience to provide you guidance through the many questions you will ask yourself before ever bringing your new furry friend home. And Woodside Farms Virginia dog training programs can offer your precious new addition all the training he or she requires.